To Clear the Grey

When I was an OT intern at a geriatrics facility in Ghent, Belgium, I had no idea what I was doing. This was the equivalent of a graduate level II internship. At this time I was only a junior in undergrad. There may have been a miscommunication about the level of qualifications between Americans and Europeans. Regardless I tried to learn as much as I could. I mainly just watched the OTs do certain exercises with clients and tried to mimic those activities. At the end of the internship I had my own clients, and taught them how to use wheelchairs and assisted them with their walking therapy. I wish I could go back and redo that internship now that I have even a baseline understanding of those clients' disabilities and therapies. There are so many things I learned from that internship, but I know I would have learned so much more if I knew what to look for while I was there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diving and Community Lecture

post interview reflection

Leadership Glyf