When looking through the AOTA website about Specialty & Board Certifications I found myself being pulled toward Seating and Mobility Specialization (SMS). 

I had a 6 month long internship/ educational experience in Ghent, Belgium when I was  a junior in college. This gave me the opportunity to work directly with clients. I found myself exhilarated when I got to work with clients who had prosthetics or where wheelchair bound. Something about the engineering of it or the practice of learning how to become mobile again, but in an entirely new way was just fascinating. 

I feel that in order to commit to a certification one must feel a strong desire for that field. The application process will be straining and won't seem worth it if you don't believe in that category. I believe SMS is something I am willing to put the in the effort for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diving and Community Lecture

post interview reflection

Leadership Glyf