post interview reflection


  • How do you feel the interview went overall? 
    • i felt that it went well. I was a bit awkward, but i attribute that to nerves. I think next time when i prepare i need to spend some time calming down before hand. I think I was able to give concise and conversational answers.
  • How did you prepare for the interview?
    • I read over an article on the top 11 interview questions and answers to give from the AOTA website. I also conversed with my peers and suggested we tell each other how we think they should answer. It helps to have an outsiders perspective when looking at yourself
  • What went differently than you expected?
    • I was prepared for the interview question to be more centered towards my strengths and weaknesses rather than what I look for in a career. I was nervous about the idea of having to give an evaluation of myself.
  • What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?
    • I would definitely be more mindful of my posture. I would also try to be more calm before entering in order to have my thoughts gathered and not talk to fast.
  • What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?
    • I learned to be conversational in my answers. I found the AOTA article to be extremely helpful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leadership Glyf

Diving and Community Lecture